Monday, December 31, 2012


A captain faces a lot criticism when his team goes through a prolonged lean patch but India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni does not mind becoming a "punching bag" if it saves the other players from pressure.

India have been going through a bad phase since last year and the effectiveness of Dhoni's leadership has been questioned quite often in the recent times. However, Dhoni says he is okay with all the criticism thrown at him, calling himself a "punching bag".

"I accept whatever comes to me. I feel good that I'm the punching bag because there's less pressure on the team. You need to have a few punching bags in the side. Sachin has been there for quite some time now, he takes away all the tension.

I don’t think everybody gets chance to be the punching bag, so I am happy that I can take a bit of tension for my team,” said MS Dhoni, the strongest man in the Indian side, in more ways than one. 
Posted by kbstorm On Monday, December 31, 2012 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive