Tuesday, January 8, 2013


South African left arm spinner Paul Harris has announced that he will hang up his boots at the end of the first class season, bringing to end a 14 year career.

The spinner has played in 37 Tests for the National team but has of late struggled to break in to the Proteas side, with Robin Petersen and Imran Tahir higher up in the pecking order.

Speaking about his decision, Harris said, "I will be retiring from cricket at the end of the 2012/13 season. I would like to thank the Titans franchise for all the opportunities that they have given me over the past 10 years. I have made many friends through cricket and I have had so many great experiences.

"I would like to thank all the people who have helped me over my career. A special mention must go to Richard Pybus, who had the biggest coaching influence on my career. I am sure that I would not have played for South Africa if it had not been for him," he added.
Posted by kbstorm On Tuesday, January 08, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive