Wednesday, January 9, 2013


Warne was banned for one match and fined Aus$4,500 (US$4,700) over the row. But he expressed hope that "one little incident" wouldn't besmirch his reputation among cricket fans.

"I'd like to think of the 25 years I've been playing first-class cricket rather than just one game," he said.

"I'd like to think there's a lot of positive and good things I've done for Australian cricket and all that sort of stuff over the years.

"One little incident here or there (doesn't matter). I do apologise for my behaviour and I'm disappointed in my own reaction."

Warne claimed 708 Test wickets in a celebrated career but he has also courted controversy, notably when he was fined for accepting money from a bookmaker and when he was sent home from the 2003 World Cup for taking a banned diuretic.
Posted by kbstorm On Wednesday, January 09, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive