Monday, April 15, 2013

Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi dismissed claims of joining any political party on Sunday making clear that he has no interest in the field. Afridi expressed the desire to focus on playing well for the national side. 

Afridi had gone to offer his condolences to the former Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif on the death of his brother in Lahore. This visit fueled the speculation of Afridi's interest in politics. Television channels began airing news that 

that Afridi had joined the PML N party, which is headed by Nawaz Sharif.

However, Afridi immediately issued a denial insisting he had no plans to join politics. "I have not joined any party nor am I contesting the elections. Right now my focus is on playing for Pakistan and regaining my best form and fitness," Afridi quoted. 

He insisted that cricket is his passion and he wants to continue playing for a few more years, everything else can wait till later. "I have no political ambitions at this stage. I had gone to meet with Mian sahib to offer my condolences on the death of his brother," he added. 

Pakistan former Test captain Aamir Sohail had become the first cricketer to join the PML N couple of years back. 

Source :- http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/55122/afridi-dismisses-rumours-of-joining-politics
Posted by kbstorm On Monday, April 15, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment