Monday, February 11, 2013

Consistency has always been a problem with Shikhar Dhawan since his first-class debut back in 2004 but after his maiden call-up to the Indian Test squad, the Delhi left-hander is determined not to let this chance go abegging. 

"I can't blame anyone for not being able to cement my place in the India squad when I was touring West Indies last year. I wasn't consistent enough and that's why couldn't play more than five ODIs. I guess, it's all in the mind and I am not going to let this opportunity go," the 27-year-old said. 

Dhawan has played five ODIs scoring 69 runs with a half-century that came in the West Indies. 

"No excuses for not delivering but pitches in West Indies were extremely slow and the ball wasn't coming onto the bat. I should have scored more runs," Dhawan, who has scored 5679 runs in 81 first-class matches, said. 

Source :- http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/54394/dont-want-to-waste-opportunities-shikhar-dhawan
Posted by kbstorm On Monday, February 11, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment